Acidity is a term used for the set of symptoms due to excess production of acids by gastric glands of the stomach. The stomach usually secretes Hydrochloric acid which is essential for the breakdown and digestion of food. Indigestion in the acidic stomach causes symptoms like indigestion, envy, gastric bloating and ulcer.
Acidity is usually a result of many external factors such as eating habits, smog diet, stress, smoking and consumption of alcohol, lack of physical activity, irregularity in eating patterns. In such countries the incidence of acidity is high where people eat non-vegetarians, oils and spicy foods. Certain medicines like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are already produced to individuals compared to gastric acidit. it sufferers feel burning sensation after eating after eating sour, also commonly seen. Occasionally, constipation and indigestion are also seen in people with acidity. It can be treated with antacids and mainly by changing food and lifestyle.
A new technique called endostism can provide relief from acid re-flux. This section provides really good home remedies for It, which you can try, you can also read the importance of keeping alkaline diet to reduce the symptoms of acidity.
Our stomach produces gastric acid for digestion support but their corrosive effects are being expelled from the production of prostaglandins secrete in the natural bicarbonate and mucous layer. When these chemicals are interrupted in the production, then it leads to the damaged stomach layer, which causes acidity.
- Consumption of spicy and non-vegetarian foods
- Smoking and alcohol
- Stomach ailments like peptic ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stomach tumors, etc.
- Medications like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Burning in the stomach
Usually, acidity is treated with the help of antisids, which contain magnesium or calcium or aluminum compounds. These antacids neutralize excess acid in the stomach, which provides relief from symptoms. No more about food for It.
Occasionally, proton pump inhibitors like histamine blocking agent (H2 receptor blockers) such as cimetidine, rinitidine, phthidine or nizatidine or opmarazole and lanasparazole can also be determined by your doctor. In rare cases, surgery is done to reduce acid sensation. Here are ways to overcome indigestion, gas and irritable bowel syndrome with yoga.
- Banana Basil
- cold milk
- Saunf or aniseed
- Mint leaves or mint
As correctly said, “Prevention is better than cure”. So let us look at some of the parameters we can prevent acidity
- Do not use spicy food
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. One should be taking at least 2 servings of fruits and 3-4 servings of vegetables. Green leafy vegetables would be real good choice to go for.
- Eat small, regular meals. Try to reduce the gap between meals to not more than 3 hours.
- Consume your last meal at least a few hours before sleeping
- Chew the Basil leaves, cloves, saunas, etc.
- Avoid drugs like NSAID (anti-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) and steroids.
- edge off. Deep breathing, going for a walk and be in nature are some of the activities which help in reducing the stress.